Thursday, October 25, 2007

Klein Dytham Architecture

Japanese architecture has always intriqued me, especially the simplicity of their forms, their masterful use of modern materials and the creative ways they use to fit a building into a small footprint.

This is is a project by Klein Dytham Architecture. It is a home cum salon for a couple of young hairdressers in Jingumae, a hip area in Tokyo. I really love the powerful graphic images that seem to engulf the entire building. Like a large wall decal but for a building exterior...wonder if anyone makes these?

(via)

5 comments:

Neutral Dwelling said...

I love that! Is that design painted on?

laissezfaire said...

Hi ND, I am not quite sure if it is painted on but I suspect it is. Or it may be a separate material that is cut out and embedded in the building surface.

Anonymous said...

i wanted to do something like that for my room... but i dunno how to draw the designs!! =((

laissezfaire said...

Find an artist to do it for you and then get a printer to print your designs on a large wall sticker!

Anonymous said...

Wow just awesome!